First, please check the official website of your game title or Steam store page to see if the operating environment of your PC meets the required operating environment and system requirements.
If the phenomenon occurs even though your PC meets the required operating environment, please try the following.
* When you change settings and update drivers for hardware and peripherals, please do so at your own responsibility.
1. Verify Integrity of Game Files on Steam
From Steam [Library], click the gear icon, and select [Properties] > [Local Files] > [Verify integrity of game files].
2. In an environment with multiple GPUs (e.g., an environment using both a CPU-integrated GPU and a video card, or an environment using multiple video cards), change the graphics settings of your display
The following steps may allow you to use a GPU with higher performance, which may improve the operation speed of the game.
- Right-click on the desktop, and select [Display Settings] from the menu.
- Select [Graphic Settings] at the bottom right of the dialog box.
- Set [Choose an app to set performance] to [Classic App].
- Click [Browse] button.
- Select the game startup file (executable file) in the location where the game is installed, and click the [Add] button.
- Select the added game icon and click [Options].
- Select [High Performance] and click [Save].
If you are using an NVIDIA video card, please also try changing the following settings in NVIDIA control panel.
- Select [3D Settings] > [Manage 3D Settings].
- Select [Program Settings] tab, and add this game.
- In [Program Settings], set [Vertical Sync] to "off".
- In [Program Settings] > [Preferred graphics processor], select "High-performance NVIDIA processor".
- In [Program Settings], set [Antialiasing – Mode] to "Application-controlled".
- In [Program Settings], set [Antialiasing - Settings] to lower settings to reduce the processing load.
- Click [Apply] and close "NVIDIA Control Panel".
* Even if [Preferred graphics processor] in 4) above does not appear, there is no problem as long as the function "CUDA-GPU" is set to "All" and the graphics card name is checked when you click on it. If it is not checked, please check it.
3. Change the startup environment settings.
For game titles that allow you to adjust the startup environment settings in [Startup Environment Settings] or [Settings] section on the game launch screen, change each item to a lower setting.
This may reduce the load on your PC.
4. Update or rollback (or re-install) the video card driver
Go to your hardware manufacturer's website to download and install the latest driver for your PC's video card. Please also try updating your sound card driver.
* There may be newer versions available on the websites of your board or chip manufacturers.
* Please rollback or reinstall the drivers.
* The latest driver for your chip will be available from the following sites of each manufacturer.
5. Reduce the number of resident applications (software) as much as possible and start the game
* Resident applications are software that is classified as "background processes" in Task Manager.
Make sure that no application, such as Windows Update or security software updates, are running in the background.
6. Temporarily deactivate running security software, or set this game as "exception (exclusion)" in the security software, and then start the game
* The operating procedure of "exception settings" differs depending on security software. For details on how to operate it, please contact the manufacturer or retailer of the security software you are using.
7. Unplug any input devices that are not related to gameplay as much as possible
Since peripheral devices plugged into USB ports of your PC may cause the slowdown, unplug any input devices that are not related to gameplay, and check the operation.