First, please check the official website of your game title or Steam store page to see if the operating environment of your PC meets the required operating environment and system requirements.
If the phenomenon occurs even though your PC meets the required operating environment, please try the following.
* When you change settings and update drivers for hardware and peripherals, please do so at your own responsibility.
1．Try reinstalling the latest version of Windows Media Player?
2．Change the screen resolution setting of the display to another value once, and then change it back to the original setting value.
3． Confirm display scaling settings
1. Right click on the desktop and select "Display Settings".
2. Choose "Display" from the menu.
3. Set "Scale and layout" to 100%.
4. Restart the game.
4．If you are using Multiple displays, please try starting with Single display.
5． Verify Integrity of Game Files on Steam
From Steam [Library], click the gear icon, and select [Properties] > [Local Files] > [Verify integrity of game files].
6．In an environment with multiple GPUs (e.g., an environment using both a CPU-integrated GPU and a video card, or an environment using multiple video cards), change the graphics settings of your display
The following steps may allow you to use a GPU with higher performance, which may improve the operation speed of the game.
- Right-click on the desktop, and select [Display Settings] from the menu.
- Select [Graphic Settings] at the bottom right of the dialog box.
- Set [Choose an app to set performance] to [Classic App].
- Click [Browse] button.
- Select the game startup file (executable file) in the location where the game is installed, and click the [Add] button.
- Select the added game icon and click [Options].
- Select [High Performance] and click [Save].
If you are using an NVIDIA video card, please also try changing the following settings in NVIDIA control panel.
- Select [3D Settings] > [Manage 3D Settings].
- Select [Program Settings] tab, and add this game.
- In [Program Settings], set [Vertical Sync] to "off".
- In [Program Settings] > [Preferred graphics processor], select "High-performance NVIDIA processor".
- In [Program Settings], set [Antialiasing – Mode] to any option other than "Application-controlled".
- In [Program Settings], set [Antialiasing - Settings] to lower settings to reduce the processing load.
- Click [Apply] and close "NVIDIA Control Panel".
* Even if [Preferred graphics processor] in 4) above does not appear, there is no problem as long as the function "CUDA-GPU" is set to "All" and the graphics card name is checked when you click on it. If it is not checked, please check it.
7．Obtain "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer" from Microsoft's website and update it.
- DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
For details on how to obtain and update it, please contact Microsoft or your hardware manufacturer.
If the above does not resolve the issue, please download the "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe" file from the following site and install it, and see if it works.
- DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)
8．Change the startup environment settings
For game titles that allow you to adjust the startup environment settings in [Startup Environment Settings] or [Settings] section on the game launch screen, change each item to a lower setting.
This may reduce the load on your PC.
9．Update or reinstall to the most recent graphics driver.
10．Reduce the number of resident applications (software) as much as possible and start the game, in order to reduce the load on your PC.
* Resident applications are software programs that are classified as "background processes" in Task Manager.
11．Play after turning off resident software such as antivirus software.
12．Please unplug input devices that are not related to your play as much as possible.
Peripheral devices connected to the USB port of your computer may cause slowing down, so if there are connected input devices that are not related to your play, please unplug them and try to play.
13．Uninstall and then reinstall the game.